Monday 1 August 2011

Small achievements

I don't intend to continue blogging on a daily basis, but I must share today's achievement.. swimming!


The fact it was actually a kid's float session is neither here nor there. I donned a strange combo of a triathlon crop top and pair of non-matching triathlon swimming shorts, but it seemed to hide everything well. Confirmed by my eldest son who actually said 'Mum!! you forgot to put your bag on!'.  


I tried a few tentative lengths of front crawl (the first time since June 2010) dodging the kids and their floats - and everything seemed to feel alright. Success! The bag didn't burst, leak or float away or anything either which was pleasing, nothing hurt and I can just about remember how to do it. 10 lengths in total.. ha ha ha.  


But another small achievement and another 'first'... all steps in the right direction. Although by the time we got home I was so tired I fell asleep on the floor playing Lego with my youngest.. he wasn't impressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment